Directions directions phone 604-674-0550 email FoundryRichmond@vch.ca
**Please call to book an appointment for the Sexual Health Clinic and/or Counselling services**
Sexual Health Clinic Hours
Counselling Services Hours
About our programs
Due to our current Covid-19 protocols all services are by appointment only. If you need to make an appointment please call: 604-674-0550
Sexual Health Services (formerly Youth Clinic):
Provides free, confidential information and education regarding sexuality and health to young people ages 12 to 24. Services include birth control, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing and counselling, as well as testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Note: Due to COVID-19, all services will be offered by appointment only, except for emergency contraception, which will continue to be offered on a drop-in basis.
We are excited to offer virtual counselling appointments! In-person appointments may be booked, if needed, and at a limited capacity.
Our drop-in counselling service is for a single session. We are here to support you with whatever is on your mind today. You are welcome to use the service more than once, but we cannot guarantee you will have the same counsellor every time. We are happy to help you find on-going therapy or psychiatry, but this is not something we offer at this time.
This is available to help support and connect young people to services within the community. These sessions can be made within a few days of your counselling appointment.
Access to mental health and substance use supports:
Mental health intake clinicians are available for assessment and treatment matching to mental health and substance use services in Richmond.
Foundry Richmond does not provide emergency or crisis services. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis or a medical emergency, please call one of the below numbers, or go to the nearest ER.
• Call emergency services – 911
• Call the crisis line at 1-800-784-2433
• Or the Chimo crisis line at 604-279-7070
In addition to Foundry Richmond services, Foundry BC is now offering free and confidential virtual drop-in counselling sessions by voice, video and chat to BC young people ages 12-24 and their caregivers.
Youth can call 1-833-FØUNDRY (that’s FØUNDRY with a zero! or 1-833-308-6379) to book an appointment and learn at foundrybc.ca/virtual
Health and Safety
The safety, health and well-being of our young people and their families, staff and our community partners is our top priority. Due to COVID-19, we’ve taken a number of measures at Foundry centres to ensure we are aligned with BC Centre for Disease Control’s recommendations. A few of these measures include:
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed at reception desk and waiting areas seating being spread out to accommodate for physical distancing
- Staff members practicing physical distancing and being equipped with person protective equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves, etc.
- Adjusting service hours to decrease number of people in center at once
- Hand sanitizer or alcohol-based hand rub being available throughout the centre
- Thorough cleaning of all shared equipment (including Toolbox iPads) after each client and all other areas of centre cleaned multiple times throughout the day
Resources available regarding COVID-19
- If you are looking for non-medical information about COVID-19 – you can call 1 888 COVID19 seven days a week, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Information is available in more than 110 languages.
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool was created by the BC Ministry of Health to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.
- Visit vch.ca/covid19 for the latest information, resources, and support.
Gabby’s story was shared with attendees at the Richmond Hospital Foundation Starlight Gala on October 27, 2018.
Her story was the inspiration for our “Leadership Challenge” benefiting Foundry Richmond, a new centre providing services including primary care, public health, mental health and substance use services, as well as social services all under one roof for the first time in Richmond.
We continue to search for a permanent home for Foundry Richmond. Get involved by connecting with us on social media, attending an engagement session, and staying tuned for updates. For more information, email: FoundryRichmond@vch.ca
Foundry Richmond brings together partner organizations across the community to work together to address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.