Need urgent help? Find support here.

Need urgent help?


If you find yourself in need of immediate help, call Emergency Services – 911.

These are examples of situations that you should seek immediate help:

  • Thinking about ending your life or trying to end your life.
  • Feeling scared because you’re experiencing sensations that aren’t real and/or beliefs that can’t possibly be true.
  • Becoming unable to care for yourself, and it’s putting you at risk of serious harm.
  • Experiencing an alcohol or any other drug overdose.
  • Taking a dangerous combination of substances (like medications and alcohol).

You can also

  • call the crisis line at 1-800-784-2433
  • chat online with Kids Help Phone
  • SMS/Text Kids Help Phone by texting CONNECT to 686868, if you would like to stop the conversation text STOP

For other phone, chat or text support options, visit our Get Support section.

Most middle schools and secondary schools have counsellors who are there to help you with any problems or issues you might be having. Your problems don’t necessarily need to be related to school. Some schools also have school nurses who are skilled at dealing with a range of health issues.

Universities and colleges often have health services, which includes counselling for students. These are generally located in the student health centre and are free of charge.

You may want to ask a teacher or someone at your school about what’s available for you. You can also check your university or college’s website for more information on student health.