Operated by YMCA of Northern BC
Talk to someoneKids Help Phone open_in_new
Welcome To Foundry Prince George
The Foundry Prince George team is excited about being a part of transforming access to services for young people in our community.
Our doors are officially open and we are focused on serving the wellness needs of youth and their families in Prince George.
Get to know your way around the centre by taking a virtual peak inside.
Foundry Prince George is a place where any youth or parent in our community can find easy access to the help they need, when they need it. It is an integrated youth and family initiative that will transform how youth wellness services are delivered in Prince George; providing early intervention to support young peoples’ well-being.
Our services include:
Primary care services (health care)
Primary Care: no appointment needed just come on in. A physician is here daily from 2:30-5:00 to do all things that doctors do.
No need to wait for the physician to start, a Registered Nurse with Certified Practice is on daily from 10:00-2:30. She can help you with a number of things so give her a try her first. If she can’t do everything you need, she will gather all your info, do everything she can do and pass the other pieces on to the doctor when they arrive making your appointment with the doctor go faster.
You may not be aware, but as a Registered Nurse with certified practice she can that she can help you with:
– Birth control information and distribution;
– Safe Sex Practices: Information and free safe sex tools;
– Sexually Transmitted infection testing and treatment;
– Pregnancy testing and counselling on options for you if your test is positive;
– Flu Shots and other Immunizations;
– Overdose Prevention Kits (Nalaxone): She can teach you how to use it and send you home with one;
– Dressing changes and wound care;
– Not feeling well? She can do a full nursing assessment for you;
– Wonder if she can do something? Pop in and ask or feel free to call before coming down.
Options for Sexual Health Clinic (Sexual Health Services)
Mental Health Information and Services
Substance Use Information and Services
Family Involvement Worker
Practical Support – computer access, laundry, food, showers, life skills support
Employment Information and Support
Education Information and Support
Come in and see us about your needs. If we don’t have it yet, we will help discover options with you.
What happens when I go to Foundry Prince George the first time?
The first time you come to Foundry we sit down with you and tell you more about our service model and go over a consent for services form with you. Your confidentiality it important to us so the consent for service form explains to you how we protect the personal information you share with us and when we have to share information to keep you or someone else safe. Check out a copy of it here. If you have any questions about it, call us or pop in.
Next, we gather some information about you by having you complete our engagement form. The information you share with us on the engagement form lets us learn more about you (your preferences, a little about your life). It also tells us what you need and what ways we can support you so we can connect you with the right member of the Foundry team. We are happy to help you fill out the form as forms can get confusing. You can also download a copy to print here, fill out as much as you can at home or with a support person and bring it with you to your first visit. Don’t have a printer? You can stop in at Foundry and pick up a copy up to take home, or fill it out here at Foundry so you are ready for the next time you return. Whatever works for you, we are flexible like that! If you choose to bring in a completed engagement form to your first visit, we will just go over the service consent form with you when you arrive.
Once those two pieces are done, we connect you with a member of the Foundry team to get started.
Make a difference for youth in Prince George by donating to the centre today.
Hosted by the YMCA of Northern British Columbia, Foundry Prince George unites a variety of partner organizations that will work together to address the health care needs of youth ages 12 to 24 and their families.
Our partnering programs include:
- Northern Health
- Intersect Youth & Family Services Society
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Prince George Native Friendship Centre
- Prince George Division of Family Practice
- Services to Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- School District 57
- First Nations Health Authority
- Justice Education Society/ Communities Against the Sexual Exploitation of Youth
- Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
- Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services
- Options for Sexual Health
News & Announcements
For young people who are navigating life’s large and small challenges — from colds to… read more
We’re thrilled to announce that Bob and Diane Conconi, through the Robert L. Conconi… read more
Prince George launches new integrated youth-service centre. Foundry Prince George is a one-stop-shop for youth… read more
Prince George, BC
Directions directions phone 236-423-1571
Get the latest updates on this Foundry centre by signing up here