Prince George, BC
Directions directions phone 236-423-1571
Get the latest updates on this Foundry centre by signing up here
Foundry Prince George is located on the unceded territory of the Dakelh Peoples and the Lheidli T’enneh Nation.
Important Centre Information:
Foundry centres are now re-introducing in person services, but will continue to offer select services virtually – over the phone or video chat. Please call your local Foundry centre for the most up to date information on service availability. Please call Foundry Prince George at 236-423-1571 or follow @foundryprincegeorge on Instagram for the most up to date information on service availability.
The safety, health and well-being of our young people and their families, staff and our community partners is our top priority. We’ve taken a number of measures at Foundry centres to ensure we are aligned with BC Centre for Disease Control’s recommendations. A few of these measures include:
- Plexiglass barriers at reception desk and waiting areas seating being spread out to accommodate for physical distancing
- Staff members practicing physical distancing and being equipped with person protective equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves, etc.
- Adjusting service hours to decrease number of people in center at once
- Hand sanitizer or alcohol-based hand rub being available throughout the centre
- Thorough cleaning of all shared equipment (including Toolbox iPads) after each client and all other areas of centre cleaned multiple times throughout the day
Resources available regarding COVID-19
- If you are looking for non-medical information about COVID-19 – you can call 1 888 COVID19 seven days a week, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Information is available in more than 110 languages.
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool was created by the BC Ministry of Health to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.
- Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Primary Care
- Peer Support
- Social Services
All young people 12-24 with valid BC MSP cards can access Foundry services.
Not from [community]? Find a Foundry centre closer to you.
*Click the “+” for more information
Primary Care Services (Health Care)
- No appointment needed. A physician is here daily from 2:30PM-5:00PM
- A Registered Nurse with Certified Practice is on daily from 10:00-2:30. Nurses can help with a number of things so feel free to visit during this time. If the nurse can’t do everything you need, your information will be gathered and passed on to the doctor.
- You may not be aware, but as a Registered Nurse with certified practice can help with:
– Birth control information and distribution;
– Safe Sex Practices: Information and free safe sex tools;
– Sexually Transmitted infection testing and treatment;
– Pregnancy testing and counselling on options for you if your test is positive;
– Flu Shots and other Immunizations;
– Overdose Prevention Kits (Nalaxone): She can teach you how to use it and send you home with one;
– Dressing changes and wound care;
– Full nursing assessment
Options for Sexual Health Clinic (Sexual Health Services)
Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- No appointment needed. A Mental Health And Substance Use (MHSU) clinician is here Monday to Friday from 10:00-4:00.
- The first time you meet with a Foundry MHSU Clinician, they will explore what is challenging you, why you came in and what you need in order to get a clear understanding of how best to support you. Remember that the more honest you are with us about what is happening and what you are thinking, the more we can help!
- Next, we will help you create a plan for your care. We want you to decide on your plan, we are here to simply provide you with options. Your plan may include checking out some great and reliable stuff online, accessing more of our services at Foundry and/or connecting you with some of the other great services available to you in Prince George.
- We may invite you to return to access the counselling services we provide at Foundry. At Foundry PG, our MHSU Clinicians offer Brief Solution Focused counselling.
Our Counselling Model:
- We believe you already have the skills and ability to create change in your life but you may need help identifying and developing those skills.
- We focus on what works for you and how it can help you in the future instead of examining your past experiences.
- We respond directly to what you want to work on by focusing on what’s important to you, what you want at the end of the session and creating do-able goals with you.
What you can expect during a Counselling session?
- To give us a heads up on what you want to work on by completing a form prior to the session starting.
- The counsellor to review confidentiality with you, explain the process to you and help you clarify your issue and the strengths and skills that you have.
- The counsellor to take a quick break with their team to brainstorm some ideas you could try to reach your goal.
- For the session to end after you are offered the ideas/suggestions the team came up along with any you came up with too.
When can you come for counselling at Foundry?
- After your first visit at Foundry where we learn a bit more about what you need, if you decide our counselling model would be helpful to you, you can come to Foundry and request counselling Monday to Friday from 10:00-4:00 *closed on Stat holidays
Family Involvement Worker
Practical Support – computer access, laundry, food, showers, life skills support
Employment Information and Support
Education Information and Support
Come in and see us about your needs. If we don’t have it yet, we will help discover options with you.
“Having a space in which I don't have to keep my guard up all the time is liberating, and truly enhances and completes their intention of helping youth find independence and empowerment in their community.”
Foundry centres enable young people 12-24 to access mental health and substance use support, primary care, peer support and social services from a single place.
What can I expect at my first Foundry Prince George visit?
The first time you come to Foundry we sit down with you, explain our service model and go over a consent for services form with you. Your confidentiality is important to us, we protect client personal information that is shared with us and will only share information to keep you or someone else safe. View our Consent for Services Form.
Next, we gather client information through our engagement form. The information you share with us on the engagement form lets us learn more about you (your preferences, a little about your life). It also tells us what you need and what ways we can support you. Feel free to download and fill out the Engagement Form at or prior to your visit to Foundry.
Once those two steps are complete, we are able to connect you with a member of the Foundry team to get started!
Hosted by the YMCA of Northern BC, Foundry Prince George unites partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
Our partnering programs include:
- Northern Health
- Intersect Youth & Family Services Society
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Prince George Native Friendship Centre
- Prince George Division of Family Practice
- Services to Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- School District 57
- First Nations Health Authority
- Justice Education Society/ Communities Against the Sexual Exploitation of Youth
- Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
- Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services
- Options for Sexual Health
Make a difference for youth in Prince George by donating to the centre today.