Who can Access Foundry Works?
Whether you are looking to work now, or you are interested in building skills and gaining certifications, we are here to help!
We understand that looking for work takes time, resources and energy – that’s why WE PAY YOU to meet with your individual employment specialist and to attend our weekly workshops on employment skills and wellness.
Services we offer include:
- Providing individualized support offered by a Vocational Counsellor or Occupational Therapist to help you identify your area of interest and address your education/employment goals or concerns
- Offering Employment Skills and Wellness workshops
- Inviting employers and educational guest speakers to provide you with the opportunity to learn from their work experiences and apply for job posts in their companies
- Providing support with developing and writing resumes and cover letters
- Providing support with interview training
- Networking with employers to provide you with direct job opportunities, and support you to keep your job
- Offering you minimum wage, while you engage in job search
- Cover the cost of training and courses to develop skills related to your area of job interest (e.g. First Aid, Forklift training, FoodSafe, Serving it Right, marketing skills etc.)
To register, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 16-24
- Must be a BC resident
- Not currently employed
- Not in full time school
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident
- Experiencing any of the following:
- Living with mental illness
- Substance use
- Did not complete high school
- Experiencing homelessness or living in a low-income household
- From a visible minority group