Foundry has partnered with Coast Capital to support their 2021/2022 Education Awards.
These awards recognize individuals who have stayed committed to their education, even through adversity. Whether it’s financial difficulties, family issues, personal loss, lack of supports, or health challenges, the Coast Capital Education Awards can help individuals towards building a better future. These awards are intended to help the recipient to pursue and achieve their education goals and may be put towards tuition, enrolment fees, or used to help overcome other challenges to pursuing your education goals. Individuals who have delayed starting or are resuming their post-secondary studies/Adult Graduation diploma are welcome to apply.
For 2021/2022, we’re offering the following awards:
- Coast Capital Standing Tall Continuing Education Award | Two $5,000 awards available
The Standing Tall Continuing Education Award supports individuals who have faced or continue to face adversity and are demonstrating a commitment to continuing their education. Examples of adversity may include, facing challenges like poverty, health issues, family issues, personal loss, racial discrimination, or lack of supports (for example, individuals who are, or who have been, in government care), etc.
- Coast Capital Rudy Nielsen Award | One $5,000 award available
The Rudy Nielsen Award supports individuals who have faced considerable mental health challenges and are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is in honour of Rudy Nielsen, for his long-standing commitment to supporting mental health research through the Coast Capital Charity Golf Tournament for close to 20 years.
To be eligible to receive one of the Coast Capital Education Awards above, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Been a resident in BC for at least six months;
- 30 years of age or younger (born in 1992 or later);
- Planning to either achieve your adult graduation diploma or you are starting/resuming your post-secondary education by attending an accredited Canadian university, college, or technical school in the 2022/2023 school year;
- Not previously received a Coast Capital Education Award.
To apply, fill out the application form by January 16, 2022.
If you have any questions about the awards or application process, please contact Josh Rasalan.