1. Get enough sleep. Getting the right amount of sleep is important to make sure you have enough energy for the day! Sleeping is also very important for your health. Try creating a bedtime routine, for example decide on a time to turn off electronics, brush your teeth and wash your face. You may want to have 20 minutes for reading before bed. Having a routine will signal to your body it is time to get ready to go to sleep. You can create a similar routine for when you wake up. Check out these tips for getting a good sleep.
2. Eat breakfast and pack a lunch. Although it may feel like you don’t have enough time to have breakfast, making your own breakfast is a good way to get you ready for the day by giving your body the nutrients it needs. At the same time you can pack your lunch. Bringing your lunch rather than buying it will save you money and be better for your health! Not sure what to pack? Check out these Apps and Tools to find easy balanced lunches.
3. Get involved with school activities. Whether it’s a sports team, volunteering for a cause you believe in, your school student association, or any of the clubs your school offers, joining extracurricular activities is a great way to develop new skills and make new friends. ! It can be scary to put yourself out there, but in the end you may make new friends and have a lot of fun!
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help with schoolwork. Asking for help with schoolwork is something a lot of people are afraid of doing. You may feel shy or intimidated, however, other people are probably struggling with the same thing you are! If you are stuck and need help don’t hesitate to ask your teacher, tutor, family member or a friend for assistance. These people care about you, want to help and see you succeed!
5. Have fun with friends. School is about learning, but it is also about making friends and having fun! This year, commit to making time for your friends and to have fun and safe experiences with them. You could try a new sport, have a day at the beach, try a new restaurant, play a board game, or another activity you enjoy.
Back to School: Balancing Wellness with Everything Else
Going back to school this year is going to feel different for a lot of students. It’s important to be kind to yourself and take a step back when things are feeling overwhelming for you. If your feelings are starting to take over your everyday life, reach out and get support whenever you need it. Read on to find resources to help you during the back to school season.Read More
Find out more about Foundry.