Directions directions phone 778-646-2292 email FoundryPenticton@OneSkyCommunity.com
Important Centre Information
Foundry centres are now re-introducing in person services, but will continue to offer select services virtually – over the phone or video chat. Please call your local Foundry centre for the most up to date information on service availability. Please call Foundry Penticton at 778-646-2292 for the most up to date information on service availability.
- Walk-in services including: Primary Care, Counselling, Access & Intake, Youth Navigation & Peer Support.
- Primary Care, Access & Intake services are still available by appointment.
- We will be spacing out our appointment times in order to reduce congestion and accommodate social distancing in our waiting area.
- All Foundry Penticton Groups information can be found on our Facebook and Instagram.
- Staff are examining ways to utilize technology in order to bridge any gaps where possible.
The safety, health and well-being of our young people and their families, staff and our community partners is our top priority. We’ve taken a number of measures at Foundry centres to ensure we are aligned with BC Centre for Disease Control’s recommendations. A few of these measures include:
- Plexiglass barriers at reception desk and waiting areas seating being spread out to accommodate for physical distancing
- Staff members practicing physical distancing and being equipped with person protective equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves, etc.
- Adjusting service hours to decrease the number of people in the center at once
- Hand sanitizer or alcohol-based hand rub is available throughout the centre
- Thorough cleaning of all shared equipment (including Toolbox iPads) after each client and all other areas of the centre is cleaned multiple times throughout the day
Resources available regarding COVID-19
- If you are looking for non-medical information about COVID-19 – you can call 1 888 COVID19 seven days a week, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Information is available in more than 110 languages.
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool was created by the BC Ministry of Health to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.
- Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Primary Care
- Peer Support
- Social Services
All young people 12-24 with valid BC MSP cards can access Foundry services.
Not from Penticton? Find a Foundry centre closer to you.
*Click the “+” for more information
Mental Health & Substance use Services
Our counsellors are available during drop-in hours to assist young people with their concerns. Counselling may lead to a referral for specialized service if the young person feels this would benefit them. These services are available Monday-Friday between 3:00pm-6:00pm.
Primary Care (Physical Health)
Our team of family doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses, specializing in youth health provide service on a drop-in and/or appointment basis.
Peer support workers with lived experience provide young people with help and support. They are available onsite during walk-in hours and can help young people on their path to wellness.
- Counselling and mental health supports
- Substance use supports
- Primary care (physical health)
- Youth and family peer support
- Employment support
- Legal advocacy
- Housing support
- Community connections and resources
- Group support and activities
Foundry Works is a new supported employment and education program for youth who are interested in working, going to school, or completing a training program. Foundry Works helps youth to build the skills and experiences they need to achieve their goals. This program is available to BC youth between the ages of 15-24 years old, who are not currently employed or enrolled in any other employment program. Click here to learn more.
If you are a young person interested in participating or an employer/business who is interested in getting involved, please contact Keri Barron.
Hosted by the OneSky Community Resources, Foundry Penticton unites partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
Make a difference for youth in Penticton by donating to the centre today.