East Kootenay (Coming Soon)
We would like to acknowledge that Foundry East Kootenay is within ʔamakʔis Ktunaxa, the homeland of the Ktunaxa people.
Who We Are
Hosted by Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Services Society, Foundry East Kootenay brings together multiple partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families who live in Cranbrook, Fernie, Creston, Invermere, Golden and surrounding areas.
Services provided at Foundry East Kootenay will include primary care, mental health support, substance use support, social services and peer support.
It’s something that is definitely necessary in our community. We have an incredibly high rate of suicide here and overall these youths need to know that they have somewhere to go to get help. To have this establishment here would be so good. There are many years when youth feel ‘lost’ this place could help them through that difficult time to reclaim the passion and learning of their times
There’s always a discussion about potential issues with aging out. At some point there is a magic number where services end and they have to figure things out alone. Any practical space where you can figure out things would be so good. Having a spot would be so important. We definitely need more resources available here
Hosted by Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Services Society, Foundry East Kootenay is bringing together partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
Thank you to all the partner organizations, who are contributing to Foundry East Kootenay! View a full list of partners by clicking the (+) button below.
• Ministry of Children & Family Development (MCFD)
• East Kootenay Division of Family Practice
• School Districts 5 & 6
• Interior Health
• Ktunaxa Nation Council Education and Employment Sector (KNC-EE Sector)
• Primary Care Network (Ktunaxa Nation Health, Interior Health, & East Kootenay Division of Family Practice)
• East Kootenay Addiction Services Society (EKASS)
• The East Kootenay Foundation for Health
• College of the Rockies (COTR)
• Cranbrook Detachment of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
• Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – Kootenays Branch
• Cranbrook Pediatrics
• Summit Community Services Society (Cranbrook / Kimberley)
• Columbia Basin Trust
Foundry East Kootenay is bringing together partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
Resources for Young People
- Foundry’s provincially available virtual services
- Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child & Family Services Society
- East Kootenay Addiction Services Society
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Kootenays Branch
- Options for Sexual Health
- Summit Community Services Society
- ANKORS: AIDS Network Kootenay Outeach and Support Society