Operated by Abbotsford Community Services
Talk to someoneKids Help Phone open_in_new
We bring services together under one roof to make it easier for young people ages 12-24 to find help and support. Not sure what support you need? Come by and talk with us! We’ll work together to help determine what support is right for you. All services are free and confidential.
Foundry Abbotsford is a place where any youth or parent in our community can find easy access to the help they need, when they need it. It is an integrated youth and family initiative that will transform how mental health and substance use services are delivered in Abbotsford; providing early intervention to support young peoples’ well-being. Click the green button below for a list of services offered at our centre.
Mental Health Services
- Walk-In Counselling: free walk-in mental health counselling. Times available YTBD.
- Adolescent Day Treatment Program: a Fraser East Regional, multi-disciplinary team, providing community based school and mental wellness programing for youth who are school refusing due to their mental health challenges.
- Short Term Assessment Response Team (START): provides in person assessment and intervention services for children and teens (6-18) who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Anyone can call START if they are concerned that a child or teen is experiencing a mental health crisis. A mental health crisis is a rapid onset or change (last 2-4 weeks) of mental health symptoms, resulting in being unable to participate in daily activities or relationships.
- Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI): A multi-disciplined specialized clinical program for young people and their families experiencing their first episode of psychosis. Services include medication management, symptom education, counselling, vocational support, community reintegration and peer groups.
- Child and Youth Mental Health (CYMH): provides a wide range of direct and contracted community-based specialized mental health services to children and youth under the age of 19 and their families on a voluntary basis.
- Abbotsford Youth Health Clinic: primary care for youth 12-24 years old. Tuesday 3:00pm-7:00pm, Wednesday and Thursday 3:00pm-6:00pm. No appointments necessary.
- Trans Care: trans friendly primary care services including hormone readiness assessment and commencement and surgical readiness assessment. Pathways around hormone treatments. Transcare clinics weekly.
Substance Use Programs
- Impact Youth and Family Substance Use Services: counselling to youth and families, and other community-based supports and programs aimed at addressing youth substance use needs through a resiliency lens. Collaborating with the community, families and young people to cultivate caring, connected opportunities for sharing the personal gifts that help us and others confidently navigate a society where substance use is common.
Youth and Family Navigation and Peer Support
- Youth Peer Support Workers: peers that help support and navigate Foundry and community services.
- Navigators: to help youth and families navigate Foundry and community services.
- Youth and Family Inclusion Group: a group for youth and families that want to be involved in guiding Foundry services along with being engaged in leadership activities in the community.
- Activate: a health and wellness program for youth 16-24 years old.
- Fraser Valley Youth Society: supports LGBTQ2S+ and Allied youth in the Fraser Valley. We want to connect them to their peers, their communities and to provide supportive and inclusive help where needed
- Ministry of Child and Family Development: Provides child protection intake and investigation services, child and family services, child and youth mental health services, adoption and guardianship services, youth justice services, and services for children and youth in care.
- Fraser Valley Aboriginal Children and Family Services Society: child welfare agencyproviding culturally appropriate and holistic services through prevention, community development and child welfare programs to Aboriginal children, youth and their families residing throughout the Fraser Valley.
- Income Assistance: financial assistance for those who are in need and have no other resources.
- Services to Adults with Development Disabilities: support in transitioning planning and implementation for young adults with development disabilities.
- Youth Resource Centre: a range of support programs from youth and their families to help every individual in reaching their full potential.
- AbbotsfordWORKS Employment Services: helping individuals find meaningful employment.
Help Foundry Abbotsford by donating today!
Hosted by Abbotsford Community Services, Foundry Abbotsford unites the following partner organizations that will address the wellness needs of young people ages 12 to 24 and their families:
- Early Psychosis Intervention
- Adolescent Day Treatment Program
- Short Term Assessment Response Team
- Services to Adults with Development Disabilities
- Income Assistance
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Youth Team
Fraser Valley Aboriginal Children and Family Services Society
School District 34
Adult Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- Division of Family Practice
- PHSA Trans Care BC
- UBC Family Practice Residency Program
- FHA Public Health
- Innovative Fitness
News & Announcements
This month, Foundry celebrated the completion of its two-year proof-of-concept phase with a celebration and… read more
Foundry Abbotsford has officially opened its doors, providing local youth and their families with supports… read more
For young people who are navigating life’s large and small challenges — from colds to… read more
We’re thrilled to announce that Bob and Diane Conconi, through the Robert L. Conconi… read more
A new “one-stop shop” for youth seeking mental health, substance use and health care assistance… read more
Directions directions phone 604-746-3392 email email@example.com
Get the latest updates on this Foundry centre by signing up here