Port Hardy (Coming Soon)
We respectfully acknowledge, with gratitude, that we live and work on the traditional territories of the Kwakwaka’wakw peoples.
Who we are
Hosted by the North Island Crisis & Counselling Centre Society (NICCCS), Foundry Port Hardy/North Island unites multiple partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families who live in our rural North Island area that encompasses Port Hardy, Port McNeill, Alert Bay, Sointula and all neighbouring First Nations Communities.
Services We Plan To Offer:
• Health Care
• Sexual Health
• Peer Support
• Mental Health Support and Counselling
• Substance Use Support and Counselling
• Harm Reduction
• Trans Care
• Income Assistance Support
• Employment Assistance
• Navigation Support
At Foundry Port Hardy/North Island we are currently in the beginning stages of planning our centre! We will have many upcoming opportunities for young people and caregivers to become engaged in this amazing project. People will be able to promote the Foundry in our community, and all the ways we will be collaboratively supporting youth, and there will be exciting upcoming events. See below for more details!
Foundry centres are created for young people, by young people! We are currently recruiting for our Youth Advisory Committee (YAC), which will:
- Help inform and create the decision-making process for the centre
- Inform the physical aspects of the centre, services available, etc
- Once the centre opens, the YAC will continue to be an integral part of the team and shape youth services in Port Hardy and the North Island
Please contact Chris Parker at NICCCS for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-959-8333
Hosted by North Island Crisis & Counselling Centre Society, Foundry Port Hardy/North Island is bringing together partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
Click the + button to view our partners!
- Island Health Discovery Youth & Family Substance Services
- Island Health Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- Island Health Public Health & Primary Care
- Island Health Intensive Case Management Team
- Sacred Wolf Friendship Centre
- North Vancouver Island Aboriginal Training Society
- North Island Employment Foundations Society
- MCFD Child & Youth Mental Health
- MCFD Youth Agreement Worker
- School District 85
- Mount Waddington Health Network
- Building Blocks (Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw)
- North Island Community Services Society
- Divisions of Family Practice Mount Waddington
- Ministry of Social Innovation & Poverty Reduction
- Community Futures Mount Waddington
- District of Port Hardy
- Town of Port McNeill
- Village of Alert Bay
- Regional District of Mount Waddington
Make a difference for youth in North Island and Kwakwaka’wakw Communities by donating to Foundry Port Hardy/North Island today!