Foundry Port Hardy humbly acknowledges that we operate on the traditional, unceded territory of the Kwakiutl People, alongside many Kwakwaka’wakw Peoples. Foundry Port Hardy’s practice is rooted in ‘maya’xala and seeks to provide culturally sensitive services to the Kwakwaka’wakw families of our region. Gilakas’la.
Important Centre Information
Contracted health care facilities
Home and community care locations
Who We Are
Access Our Services
Youth peer support is now available to book on the Foundry BC app! To book all other services, please visit the centre or call 250-902-0055.
*Don’t know what you need? Unsure of what the first steps are or where to go from here? Book a navigation appointment with one of our Youth Peer Support Workers to get started.
If you would like to access our peer support drop-in services, please visit us Monday, 3:00 – 5:00, Tuesday, 9:30 – 11:30 & 2:00 – 5:00, Wednesday, 3:00 – 5:00, Thursday 10:00 – 1:00 & 2:00 – 6:00
Download the Foundry BC App
Access in a browser on your computer or phone (no downloading needed!)
Having trouble? Check out this cheat sheet!
If you have already created an account with Foundry BC platform and accessed services with Foundry Virtual BC, the great news is that you are almost there. To provide access to your profile to Foundry Port Hardy, all you need to do is follow the steps laid out in this video.
How can I understand this platform better?
- How do I create an account? Watch this video
- How to access services at different Foundry Centres? Watch this video
- How to manage your preferences and notifications? Watch this video
- If you run into any technical issues with the platform, please submit your issue here. If this platform creates a barrier for you, please respond to this email and we will help you out.
The Foundry BC Platform will allow youth and families to do the following:
- Book appointments with your Foundry Port Hardy service providers
- Access your local Foundry centre’s virtual appointments from your Smart Phone or Computer
- Easily find locations of in-person appointments and complete surveys before your appointment to save time.
- Only tell your story one time by writing and sharing a story through our “My Story” Feature
- Receive reminders about upcoming appointments.
- Cancel appointments through the click of a button without needing to call or email.
- Receive messages from your service providers through inbox – a platform accessed on the Foundry BC app that allows you to safely and securely interact with your service provider.
Services We Plan To Offer:
• Health Care
• Sexual Health
• Peer Support
• Mental Health Support and Counselling
• Substance Use Support and Counselling
• Harm Reduction
• Trans Care
• Income Assistance Support
• Employment Assistance
• Navigation Support
Youth and Caregiver Counselling
Tuesday 9:30 – 4:00, Wednesday 9:30 – 3:30, Thursday 1:00 – 6:00, Friday 2:00 – 4:00
Our youth and caregiver counselling services are here to support you with whatever is on your mind today, one session at a time. After a session, you and your counsellor will decide on the next steps to your care. You are welcome to use this service more than once, but we cannot guarantee you will have the same counsellor every time. Counselling is also available to caregivers of youth who are between the ages of 12 to 24. We are happy to help you find on-going therapy, psychiatry, or other services to fit your needs.
Youth Peer Support
Monday, 3:00 – 5:00, Tuesday, 9:30 – 11:30 & 2:00 – 5:00, Wednesday, 3:00 – 5:00, Thursday 10:00 – 1:00 & 2:00 – 6:00
Peer support is peers helping peers. It is based on the belief that those who have experienced challenges can provide support, encouragement, hope and mentorship to others facing similar situations, encouraging them to continue their healing.
Peer Support Workers Offer
- non-judgmental support and understanding
- help with navigating the health care system
- help finding services and resources
Family Peer Support
Monday, 3:00 – 5:00, Wednesday, 3:00 – 5:00
Our Family Peer Supporters provide emotional support, system navigation, information and resources based on their own lived experience of parenting a youth with mental health and/or substance use challenges. This appointment is currently bookable on the Foundry BC app.
Tuesday 2:00 – 4:00
We provide free, confidential information and education regarding sexual health to young people ages 12 to 24. Services include birth control options, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing and information, as well as testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Make a difference for youth in North Island and Kwakwaka’wakw Communities by donating to Foundry Port Hardy/North Island today!
Opportunities for Youth
Foundry centres are created for young people, by young people! We are currently recruiting for our Youth & Family Advisory Committee (YFAC), which will:
- Help inform and create the decision-making process for the centre
- Inform the physical aspects of the centre, services available, etc.
- YFAC is an integral part of the team and shape youth services in Port Hardy.
To learn more and get involved, contact Hannah by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-902-0055.
Hosted by North Island Crisis & Counselling Centre Society, Foundry Port Hardy/North Island is bringing together partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
Click the + button to view our partners!
- Island Health Discovery Youth & Family Substance Services
- Island Health Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- Island Health Public Health & Primary Care
- Island Health Intensive Case Management Team
- Sacred Wolf Friendship Centre
- North Vancouver Island Aboriginal Training Society
- North Island Employment Foundations Society
- MCFD Child & Youth Mental Health
- MCFD Youth Agreement Worker
- School District 85
- Mount Waddington Health Network
- Building Blocks (Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw)
- North Island Community Services Society
- Divisions of Family Practice Mount Waddington
- Ministry of Social Innovation & Poverty Reduction
- Community Futures Mount Waddington
- District of Port Hardy
- Town of Port McNeill
- Village of Alert Bay
- Regional District of Mount Waddington