Campbell River, BC
Directions directions phone 250-286-0611 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest updates on this Foundry centre by signing up here
Important Centre Information:
Foundry centres are now re-introducing in person services, but will continue to offer select services virtually – over the phone or video chat. Please call Foundry Campbell River at 250-286-0611 or follow @foundrycampbellriver on Instagram for the most up to date information on service availability.
The safety, health and well-being of our young people and their families, staff and our community partners is our top priority. We’ve taken a number of measures at Foundry centres to ensure we are aligned with BC Centre for Disease Control’s recommendations. A few of these measures include:
- Plexiglass barriers at reception desk and waiting areas seating being spread out to accommodate for physical distancing
- Staff members practicing physical distancing and being equipped with person protective equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves, etc.
- Adjusting service hours to decrease number of people in center at once
- Hand sanitizer or alcohol-based hand rub being available throughout the centre
- Thorough cleaning of all shared equipment (including Toolbox iPads) after each client and all other areas of centre cleaned multiple times throughout the day
Resources available regarding COVID-19
- If you are looking for non-medical information about COVID-19 – you can call 1 888 COVID19 seven days a week, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Information is available in more than 110 languages.
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool was created by the BC Ministry of Health to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.
- Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Primary Care
- Peer Support
- Social Services
All young people 12-24 with valid BC MSP cards can access Foundry services.
Not from Campbell River? Find a Foundry centre closer to you.
*Click the “+” for more information
Mental Health & Substance use Services
Our counsellors are available during drop-in hours to assist young people with their concerns. Counselling may lead to a referral for specialized service if the young person feels this would benefit them. These services are available Monday-Friday between 3:00pm-6:00pm.
Primary Care (Physical Health)
Our team of family doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses, specializing in youth health provide service on a drop-in and/or appointment basis.
Peer support – Youth in residence
Peer support workers with lived experience provide young people with help and support. They can help young people on their path to wellness.
Youth to Adult Transition
Employment information and support
Youth and family conflict resolution
Aboriginal youth navigator
Free groups and courses
Foundry Works is a new supported employment and education program for youth who are interested in working, going to school, or completing a training program. Foundry Works helps youth to build the skills and experiences they need to achieve their goals. This program is available to BC youth between the ages of 15-24 years old, who are not currently employed or enrolled in any other employment program. Click here to learn more.
“Having a space in which I don't have to keep my guard up all the time is liberating, and truly enhances and completes their intention of helping youth find independence and empowerment in their community.”
Foundry centres enable young people 12-24 to access mental health and substance use support, primary care, peer support and social services from a single place.
Hosted by the The John Howard Society of North Island, Foundry Campbell River unites partner organizations that will address the health and wellness needs of young people aged 12 to 24 and their families.
- Island Health (Mental Health and Substance Use, and Public Health)
- MCFD (Child and Youth Mental Health and Youth Services)
- School District #72
- North Island Employment Foundations Society
- Sasamans Society
- Campbell River Family Services
- Campbell River and District Division of Family Practice
- Campbell River and District Association for Community Living
Help Foundry Campbell River by donating today!