Introducing Peer Support Follow-up Services
We are now offering peer support services to young people following their Foundry Virtual counselling appointments.
What can I expect?
- A peer supporter check-in session can be made within a few days of your Foundry Virtual counselling appointment.
- Sessions are booked as one-time appointments and will be approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Sessions will be booked after your counselling appointment if you decide you want to connect with a peer supporter.
- These follow-up sessions are the first peer support service we are offering. Stay tuned for announcements of additional offerings, including peer support groups and additional one-on-one services, coming soon.
What is peer support?
- A peer supporter is a trained support worker who is close to your age and has personal experience with some of the challenges you may be experiencing.
- A peer supporter recognizes you as an expert in your own life and will work collaboratively with you on your goals.
Learn more about groups!
Foundry virtual also offers a number of groups and workshops (some hosted by peer support workers!). Learn more about the workshops at foundrybc.ca/virtual/groups.