Foundry is looking into Virtual Care!
That means we are exploring technology solutions to offer young people across BC mental health and substance use resources, supports and services online. To do this we need to co-design it with young people. Together we will be deciding how virtual offerings should look and feel, what they will offer, and how it will offer those things. We are excited, and we hope you are excited too!
If you are interested in joining, our co-design team will ask a few things of its future members, and we included them below so you can see if they fit your life right now:
- 2-4 hours of meetings a month (In person or over phone/video chat, you can connect from anywhere in BC)
- Access to wifi and a phone (not a dealbreaker, we will help you get connected if you don’t have access to these things)
- 1 in-person meeting a year (in person is ideal, but we understand not everyone can travel so we will work with your needs. All travel will be covered by Foundry)
- Willingness to sit on the council for at least 1 year, with an opportunity to sit on the council for longer
- Ability to respond to emails or communications that require a response in 1 week or less.
In exchange for asking you for those items above, we will offer to council members:
- Compensation for your time ($25 an hour)
- Work experience and reference letters for school or work
- The opportunity to build an awesome virtual clinic
- Memes and our gratitude!
Now you might be wondering what kind of young people we are looking for to be part of this awesome project — here is what we have in mind:
- Young people between the ages of 12 – 24, could be a few years older
- Young people with lived experience with mental health and or substance use challenges
- Young people who have tried to access online supports or services or young people who would use online supports and services
- Young people of diverse backgrounds
- Young people from different parts of the province
If this sounds like you, we would love to have you and we hope you will apply below! Thank you in advance and we look forward to meeting you. Feel free to email Alicia, Foundry’s Virtual Care Project Coordinator, with any questions or your best gifs- email@example.com
The deadline to apply is April 29th.